View Single Post
Old 11-14-2006, 05:51 AM   #10
edonin
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800c
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmanford
I'm trying to get the user administration tool to work. However, when I start the user administration service I get the following error: Windows could not start the blackberry user adminstration service on the local comuter. If this is a non-Microsoft service, contact the vendor,and refer to server-specific error code 0.
I wound up with that same error code when installing the BESUserAdminService under 4.1SP2. This, despite the fact that I installed the service the same way under 4.1.0.9, as I had under earlier RK versions. RIM wasn't able to give me any clue to what was going on.

The BES itself was processing messages fine, but I couldn't get the BESUserAdminService to run worth a dang.

After poking around the Registry, I found out that the installation program was assigning default values to the MAPI Profile, similar to below:

hkcu\software\RIM\Admin = <correct MAPI>

hkcu\software\RIM\Agents = BlackberryServer

hkcu\software\RIM\DBConsistancy = BlackberryServer

hkcu\software\RIM\Management= BlackberryServer

hkcu\software\RIM\Manager\ExchangeAdapter= BlackberryServer

From where and how the install procedure decided to assign this default profile name beats me, but once I corrected the MAPI Profile labels in the registry and restarted services, I was able to get the BESUserAdminService to start correctly without the error code.