pawn
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
Carrier: Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizzle
Well...where to begin.

(snip)
I have no problem with your response, so read this with that in mind. However, there are several unusual things about this situation.

First, can I post in this forum commercial product announcements every so often , even if they don't "clutter" the forum? Probably not (unless of course, I become a spnosor?).

Second, whether you want to notice it or not, as a daily reader (and seldom poster), I can assure you posts from (that company...read below) stand out. Think about it: even if it's once or twice a week, and if someone (like me) reads the forum several times a day, it stands out.

Third, I notice the original posts have (that company's) name removed, for whatever reason. Out of respect for a great forum, I won't elaborate on this.

Lastly, I (and I suspect other people) despise hidden advertising in all of it's many forms. If I want to read (or watch or hear) your ad, I will, but allowing one (or some) advertisers to post amongst user threads is deceptive in the same spirit of television channels turning up the volume on commercials, or displaying banner ads during a show or newspapers printing "articles" that are ads, etc. Typically I decide not to buy from companies that turn to such devices, but I'm sure I'm in the minority.