View Single Post
Old 03-02-2005, 12:36 AM   #17
Doc Rock

Model: 8100
Carrier: Cingular
Default Can't answer from the headset

I thought I would check here and see if anyone else was having difficulty answering from the headset and it seems that I'm not the only one. Jabra support didn't have an answer for me and suggested I return it. I am using a 7100t.

So far, I find that most everything works except being able to answer from the headset. I can dial from it (using the callerid), I can dial from phone and it switches to the headset, etc. But I cannot answer from the headset. I sure hope to hear an answer soon. This is my 3rd bluetooth headset, I've been using them since they came out and was hoping to do a little upgrading to the caller-id thing.

Oh, one other thing that happens, about 30% of the time when people call and I answer them, we connect for about 1/2 second and then I hear nothing and they get a high-pitched squeal (like feedback) that continues until I switch from headset to handset. I can then swtich back and it works just fine. Interestingly enough, it happens or doesn't happen consistently with the same numbers. Anyone who has this problem, has this problem ALL the time, anyone who does not...never does.

Overall, I need this to work or I'll have to move on to another headset shortly.