View Single Post
Old 02-23-2005, 11:39 PM   #2
barjohn
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8700
Carrier: AT&T

I just got a Motorola HS 850 and am using it with it. Since I have only used it for one day, I will wait to give my evaluation until I have more experience with it. I have also paired up the 7250 with my Lexus Bluetooth system. I have found a problem that I can't identify yet. In the past I have used the car's Bluetooth system with my 7100t and other than the issues of getting my address book on the car's system it works fairly well. The sound in the car is a little distorted but usable; however, the receiving party often complains that they can't hear me or that the sound is too distorted. Part of it is due to road noise being picked up by the microphone.

The 7250 is much cleaner sounding (as is the XV6600) in the car. I don't yet know about the reciever's sound quality. However, I find that even though the unit is paired up and connected, when I place a call from the car's controls (not directly from the phone), it acts like it is dailing but no ring tone is ever heard and it never connects to the other party. If I turn off Bluetooth and turn it back on and repeat the process it works just fine. I have noticed that this happens after I have been using the phone with the Motorola HS850, close the boom on the 850, get in the car and let it pair with the car and this is when it happens. I'm not sure if it is related to having a pairing with the 850 or a bug in the 7250. I will conduct some ecperiments when I have some time and post my results.

For more information see barJohn Reviews It
Active PIN 203A5535