View Single Post
Old 07-28-2006, 08:39 AM   #44
qc_metal
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

Just a follow up to my app pushing experiences...I've been able to push Berry411 and MidpSSH no problem, for the life of me I cannot get Mobile Google Maps 1.3.0 to push out to my devices. I downloaded this .cod directly from Google: http://google.com/gmm/apps/v1.3.0/L1...00_v4_0_L1.cod - and I can't get it to go.

They have another one for the 7290 here: http://google.com/gmm/apps/v1.3.0/L1...90_v4_0_L1.cod

No love on the 7290's either. Anyone else try this? I did have some success with 1.19, but the icon never appeared (although it showed up in the applications listing on the device).

I did as everyone suggested, making it a required application via the disposition setting, etc - the loader /index process worked fine, it appears in my app configuration - I did have to generate my own .alx file:
Code:
<loader version="1.0">
	<application id="GoogleGMap">
		<name >
			Google Mobile Maps for BlackBerry 8700
		</name>
		<description >
			Search Google maps from your BlackBerry
		</description>
		<version >
		</version>
		<vendor >
			Google
		</vendor>
		<copyright >
			Copyright (c) 2006 Google
		</copyright>
		<fileset Java="1.18">
			<directory >

</directory>
			<files >
				gmaps8700_v4_0_L1.cod

</files>

</fileset>

</application>

</loader>
I checked my policy log file (set to debug level 5) - and I'm finding entries like this:

[30000] (07/27 22:04:15):{0x1090} Either the vendor ID 0x64 or hardware ID 0x84000b03 is not supported.

Now, I do know that I have installed this application on an 8700 without any throubles, although it was from the .jad file directly through OTA install via Google's website. So I can't say for sure (yet) that this .cod works. I'm going to try it via Desktop Manager next and see what I come up with.

Anyone else with similar experiences?

Rob