View Single Post
Old 07-27-2006, 01:35 PM   #20
Seattle18
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Curve
Carrier: Sprint

Let me address a couple things here.

Quote:
...for a case that wasn't designed properly the first time. I wouldn't rate this 5 berries because there is only a magnet on one side. For a few cents added production cost, this could have been avoided.
This case is properly designed the first time. Just because it does not have extra magnets on every side of it does not mean it is ill-designed. The requirements for a working case is that is puts the BB to sleep when inserted into the case. This one does that when inserted in two different facing directions. But to make it a properly working case in your eyes it must anticipate every possible person's preference (nice alliteration...), and place magnets everywhere. Would it have been nice to do so? Yes. Is it required? No. Is it even expected? No. There isn't a single case available with magnets as you describe. I think that you should have anticipated this possibility when placing an order and asked them specifically where the magnets are and how many there are. Then you could have specifically requested extra in locations you deem necessary. That would have avoided this whole issue.

Quote:
Is there any point to rate these fortte cases anymore? They all get 5 berries! It should more be an advertisement for fortte then a review!
There is always a reason to rate them, not every case receives 5 berries. In the Fortte instances, they usually do because they are made with such quality and adhere to the highest standards in case design. I have reviewed tons of cases, from several different companies, and I can tell you that doing all of that testing has shown me every possible deisgn flaw imaginable. And generally, Fortte does not have these flaws. Some companies, as hard as this is to believe, do NOT have ANY magnets in them. Others design the case so that the front flap closes perfectly, when empty, but when the BB is in it it does not close well. Others have had the ratcheting clip interfering with the snap closures on the bac of the case itself, rendering the rotating feature useless! And yet others only use one color and one type of leather. And my favorite is the company we all know of that initially made cases with glue that came apart in a couple weeks! So with all that in mind, find me faulty issues with these Fortte cases that make them poorly made, I challenge you. They use top quality leather, offer TONS of color options, will customize them any way you like (when asked to, egale), have several types of clip options, are made to specific sizes based on devices (some companies make a case for several different device sizes), and are affordable. For these reasons they usually will receive the highest marks.

Lastly - these are NOT official reviews, they are only MY OPINIONS, nothing more! Please read each one carefully, analyze the info I provide, call the company yourself and ask questions, and ask me personally for further information you may have thought of in the process. I will help in any way II can to help you come to YOUR OWN conclusion about the case and it's potential to satisfy you. My opiion is not the word of God, it's just an opinion. And obviously I think Fortte makes the best cases available right now. Further, I thnk their STiL is the best one they offer, for me. I have four of them...