View Single Post
Old 07-05-2006, 06:49 PM   #111
heliox8614

Model: 8300
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgreenberg
If you really loved the headset and the only thing which caused you to return it was the loose fit of the charger than I think you made a mistake. That's something that's easilly fixed (as mentioned above with foam tape.) I mean I know it's B.S. and you shouldn't have to go through such extremes with a new product but if you really love the headset I'd think you'd be able to deal with the fix.

Just my 2 cents.
To be specific, I said that I loved the SQ, not that i loved the headset. I did like it, but the issue with the charger combined with the other two I mentioned made me feel like i could find a more acceptable choice.
I still have the 510, and for my tastes, it also has some minor issues, but i happen to prefer it over the 640.
I think that the 510 is a better unit from an SQ perspective, and even though it's pretty large and has that telemarketer look, I like the way that it feels more secure in/on my ear. It never feels like it might fall off like the 640 always did.
I'm not trying to knock the 640. It sounded great in all but the loudest environments, and even the best unit might have failed at a sold out major league baseball game.
The 510 suites me better, but i am still thinking about trying a few more.
I could be satisfied with the 510 (w/ windsmart), but I also think that if I look around i may find one that is better for my tastes.