View Single Post
Old 02-10-2005, 10:31 PM   #47
dolo
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Verizon, Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy
I have been using my 7100g for a day now. So far I'm very pleased with the performance. My most recent model was 7290. I really like the format of the screen (portrait vs. landscape). It feels better. Having polyphonic ring tones and speakerphone are great plusses. No longer do I have to be ashamed at the sound of the ringer.

This is purely unscientific, but the 7100 feels much quicker than my 7290. This could have been because of my using the unsupported HK 4.0 software on the 7290 device. It just seemed to slow more each week until the time between key presses and the screen updating was a few seconds.

Battery seems great. It is 1000mAh. I've been running almost 24 hours now with loaded up BBToday, Verichat, and bluetooth on, attempting to run the battery down so I can recharge it. I'm doing the tri-deep-cycle that Mark R. suggests. Currently the battery is at 50%. Pretty impressive! I have also had a fair amount of voice usage today.

Right now I am using the unit with a Motorola HS810 BT unit. Sound is great, even in loud environments. I cannot say that for the Jabra 250. Loud environments caused it to cut out badly. Also, the range with the Motorola headset seems better.

Overall, I love the 7100g unit. It's the best Blackberry yet, in my opinion.
Jeremy,

your feedback is greatly appreciated. also eye opening for me to see that you went from the 7290 --> the 7100g with nothing but praises.

it also seems very interesting that you feel the menu speeds are not only acceptable but pretty quick!

i really need to play with one of these once they roll out to the stores.

fyi all i am a treo 650 user with sprint.

regards,
dolo