Old 07-15-2013, 12:40 AM   #1
janetdoyle
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Z10
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Bell
Default I am a new smartphone user, and like my Z10

Please Login to Remove!

I wanted to say to all you folks that I had some "very new user" difficulties with the Z10 at first, all the info I had to gather from the help websites and so on, not sure if that is comparable to other brand users' first experiences with their brands, but since I am a senior with many other responsibilities and the usual senior slowdown, I feel pretty good about my progress. I really like this BlackBerry Z10, it is solid and has a good feel in the hand, the display quality is superb, truly superb, and all the functions are now smooth and quick now that I know what I am doing, more or less. My yahoo.ca email has been placed on it without any hitches, just fine.

There are many more apps out there though than appear in "BlackBerry World"... I have found several seemingly good GPS and Map apps, which I have downloaded but not really used yet, a Magellan, a MapQuest, and Waze and an OsmAnd [strange name, spelled as such], the latter now available for BlackBerry... I would like to mention an excellent CNN News app, a top notch CBC [Canadian Broadcasting Corporation] news app for the world, and a pretty good Globe and Mail app for that Canadian newspaper... so obviously BlackBerry World app-watchers should get more of these on the service's listings, to encourage those who think BlackBerry has few apps... there seem to be many.

I think this is a very fine piece of equipment, and am hopeful more people out there especially in the USA will give it a try -- I think those who have never run a business and dealt with ferocious competition should give BlackBerry some kudos for the fine work on this product, I am delighted with it now that I have overcome my fear of not understanding how to use a smartphone, and my practice with it has made me understand all the online support from BlackBerry much better... Kudos too to that gutsy, hardworking young CEO, Thorsten Heins -- he has remained cheerful and feisty and focussed in the midst of all the examination of the company's activities in the press... good for him.

PS: why is that business about the search button under my user name?

Last edited by janetdoyle; 07-15-2013 at 12:43 AM..
Offline   Reply With Quote