View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 12:34 PM   #13
bluejae
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: z10
Carrier: t-mobile
Default Re: holding volume up and down buttons resets phone

i actually discovered it while playing with my poetic atmosphere case. i like the case a lot but the the side buttons are super hard to press down. yet the top button works just fine.

it wasn't until later i found that the top button has a thin piece of material (whatever the soft part of the phone is made out of) under the button. so when pressing on the case button, it helped to reach the phone's button more easily. but this part was not on the side buttons of the case. which meant that you would have to press a lot harder to get to the actual button on the phone.

so while trying to use a super secret method that i had come up with (stick a strip of paper between the case and the buttons), i noticed that my phone would reboot after i left it on the desk. after it started back up, it did it again. this led me to realize that the strip of paper was thick enough to hold the buttons down...

i actually contacted the company regarding this and was wondering if they were going to revise their case so it matches the top buttons functionality. they said they have no plans. but after discovering this reboot thing. i'm wondering if they knew this ahead of time and figured it might cause random reboot problems.

anyways. z10 is pretty awesome
Offline   Reply With Quote