shootsscores
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Z10
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Re: Uh Oh! BBRY Slow Out of the Gate in the US

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoBox View Post
Relying on stock price or forecasts to judge a company shows a person doesn't understand the resale portion of the stock market, regardless of country.

The stock market is tied to the non-gambling, real economy by loose rubber bands at the tightest. It is all numbers in "the cloud" until converted to cash to buy groceries.

Want a good measure? How well are the devices selling as compared to the competition? Doesn't matter the technology or anything else. It is only sales and profits.
I merely mentioned the stock price as a gauge of sentiment on "the street". When you see coverage from such sources as CNBC for example and an "analyst" says that BBRY is doomed because no one in buying them at Verizon stores over a week before Verizon stores have even received any inventory, I use it only as an indicator of sentiment.

Anti BlackBerry sentiment is very high in the US and BBRY has a tough row to hoe to reclaim market share. If sales staff at various outlets believe that BlackBerry is going into bankruptcy (which is a common meme), they won't have the same zeal to sell the devices as they might with competing devices. Many customers will come in with the same mind set (BlackBerrys need battery pulls and the company is going out of business and more processors is better and state of the art, etc.) and won't ask for a Z10 which the sales staff won't show them anyway (because they read on the intertrons that BlackBerry is going out of business) and we have a Catch 22.

Going to be a challenge for Blackberry in the US and the US is a market in which they need to succeed.

Anxiously awaiting my Verizon Z10 to be delivered.
Offline   Reply With Quote