Old 03-02-2013, 09:42 AM   #1
browningit

Model: Z10
PIN: 24E0617E
Carrier: WIND
Question Exchange 2010 Z10 BES Wind mobile

Please Login to Remove!

Hi all,

I just picked up a brand new BB Z10 on Wind mobile yesterday. They just launched it, and I just set up my hosted account for Exchange 2010. On the Exchange side for me services, everything is up and running great. My outlook mailboxes and webmail etc. run like a dream and it has been thoroughly tested with the support from my host provider as well. I took this solution as a temporary measure to test out the Z10's environment before I commit to a new exchange server at my office and mobile fusion, for those interested.

Following that, I try to set up the z10 with a "Work account" ('BES' enterprise activation), and no love. It cannot contact the server. Wipe and reset phone? Nothing. Test multiple options besides the defaults (SSL ports and so on). Nothing. Check exchange connection instead of BES activation? Same issue. So it seems that the network, or the device, refuses exchange connection (Wifi and 4g).

Being a blackberry afficianado, I head over and update my copy of desktop manager. I quickly find out that it doesn't use DSM, but rather blackberry link. No worries, I install blackberry link and attempt to back up the phone before doing some of my old tricks (enterprise activation via DSM, restore phone via software etc.). Well, the back up fails EVERY TIME, so I restart my computer and the phone. On log in on my computer? Blue screen of death on NETIO.sys. Directly related to the blackberry link application, I removed the software from startup list, and uninstalled it. Attempts to reinstall and launch the software again cause immediate blue screen.

I'm on the line with the mobile provider now to attempt resolution, but do any of you have ideas? I would consider myself a blackberry and blackberry enterprise expert and I am at a loss as to how this is such a mess.

Any information you require to assist will be provided quickly and accurately. If you are having similar issues with you Z10 / clients, please let me know as well.

Cheers,