View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 07:46 PM   #1
Bobb
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Z10
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Dubbing Video to Playbook: Is It Possbile?

Please Login to Remove!

Greetings everyone.

I am a long-time, dedicated BlackBerry smartphone user.

I own an Archos 5 media tablet, onto which I often copy television programs (usually Formula 1 motor races) that have been recorded onto my DVR for viewing at a later time when I am traveling out of town. I'd like to pick up a BB Playbook, as it will have many more functions, sync with my BB 9700, and also have a larger screen on which I can view videos.

Question: can video be dubbed onto the Playbook from an external source such as a DVR? Sure, I'm aware that the Playbook can play digital video files, including video files that can be transferred or downloaded to it, but is there any way to dub (copy/record) video from a source such as a VCR, DVR, camcorder, etc? By dubbing, I mean inputting an audio/video signal into the Playbook via HDMI or other connections. As far as I can tell, there are no inputs on the Playbook that will allow this function to be performed (which I can do via the dock connected to my Archos media tablet).

Any dongles, docks, or other device that will allow me to accomplish video dubbing with a Playbook? Any "workarounds" that would make this happen? Speed is not important to me in this instance. I often just connect my docked Archos device to my DVR via composite video/analog stereo audio cables, and then play the recorded DVR content while recording to my Archos. It's done it real-time as I go off to do other things, but at the end of the day, I end up with a number of dubbed programs on my device which I can then take with me for viewing on airplanes, visits to out-of-town family, etc. Sure would love to do this with a Playbook...but I believe I'm just dreaming.

Your thoughts and suggestions, if any????

Coatesville, Pennsylvania USA
(Suburban Philadelphia)
Offline   Reply With Quote