View Single Post
Old 04-20-2012, 07:52 AM   #1
Doenutty

Model: 8520
PIN: N/A
Carrier: O2
Default 8520 - O2 clash with AT&T?

Please Login to Remove!

Hi, I received an 8520 as a present last Sunday due to my old phone not really working all that well, my mum bought it (she lives in Dubai), from Amazon as a SIM free phone unlocked for any network (I'm in the UK).
When I put my SIM card in on Sunday everything seemed fine, went through setup etc until I got to email setup and I couldn't enter any details, I also couldn't connect to the internet.
My browser background says AT&T which leads me to believe this was possibly a re-furbished phone that has been previously registered in America or somewhere like that which uses that particular service provider.
Since then I have spent a lot of time on the phone with O2, in the store, and online with no luck, I wondered if anyone had any experience of the following and knew whether there was any chance of it being fixed?

Normal steps I have been told are to delete service book entries, go to HRT>Register Now and do a battery pull. At no point do I receive a text with settings, and although a message comes up saying 'Registration message has been sent', nothing actually happens.

I have been to O2 BIS but without being connected to the wireless network there is nothing I can do.

In TCP/IP settings, I had default entries relating to Cingular which I have replaced with O2 Payandgo settings although thats not made the slightest difference.

I have no idea, and O2 have no idea why the phone doesn't appear to be registered with Blackberry and why its not recognising my phone?

I'm just on my lunch break so this is a little garbled, if you need any other information or clarification please let me know, I just need to know if its hopeless as if so its going to have to go back! Thanks.
Offline   Reply With Quote