View Single Post
Old 01-06-2012, 10:33 AM   #7
allowingtoo

Model: 0000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT
Default Re: Hearing Impaired Which used BB do I want?

Quote:
The 9000 has the best speaker phone(loudest and clearest)
Thank you. That helps a lot.

Yes, I wear BTE (behind the ear hearing aids.) I panic at the thought of being stuck in a situation of not being able to "hear" on a regular phone without a speaker phone. It has happened. Then I have to have to ask for someone to translate the conversation for me. I know they are supposed to work if you hold the phone up to the aid, but it doesn't process in the brain when you can't hear from both ears and you are in the panic mode.

So I appreciate it. I am looking at the crackberry forum also and it looks like my choices are 8120, 8220, 8320, 8820, 8900, 9000 wifi. So the 9000 is perfect! I was leaning towards the 8900 because of the price mainly but the 9000 is not that much more.

Like I said in my original post, I am going to drop my ATT plan since I rarely use it and get a 1000 minute yearly TMobile prepaid card for data only. I don't need internet. I only want a phone with a LOUD and clear speaker phone. And I read that you can use a BB without the internet features and just use the data plan. The BB I experienced was the best phone I had ever heard - bar none. I could tell what they were saying on the phone from across the room. I just wish I had asked what model of phone they were using!
Offline   Reply With Quote