View Single Post
Old 11-16-2011, 04:07 PM   #5
ernopena

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: TMobile
Default Re: How to fix WHITE SCREEN OF DEATH on BB BOLD 9700

I know 2 of these 4 were dropped in March. No physical problems appeared in the 4 weeks right after.

One was dropped in a toilet over a weekend this summer. I told her to take out the battery and have her husband blow it out using the air compressor in their garage and let it sit for 24 hours. She did, and that Monday she popped the battery back in and it was up and running.

One was dropped by their kid when he grabbed it out of his bag and threw it across the room. The battery popped out, but it all worked. This was Memorial Day.

The second 9700 that white screened was well pampered by one of our older users who never dropped it or got it wet or had it crash. It had nowhere near the wear and tear of the other 3. And it white screened slowly over the course of a week.

The only times I've had to wipe a device and reinstall the BB OS is when it crashed while opening an app or receiving email.

All of the major incidents happened months ago, and no major problems occurred in the weeks right after. Nothing happened in the weeks leading up to the white screening. And it's interesting that all 4 happened within the same 2 month period.

If you do a search for WSOD on these forums, half the incidents happened out of the blue, NOT immediately from a drop or getting wet or system crash. I still say its a defective hardware issue...

Last edited by ernopena; 11-16-2011 at 04:25 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote