Old 09-05-2011, 07:39 PM   #1
toyotasupra

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Fido
Default Water damage - extremely weak signal

Please Login to Remove!

Hi there,

I'm a new BlackBerry user and I'm wondering if you could kindly help me. Three weeks ago, I received a Bold 9000 which was accidentally placed in the washing machine (along with a blanket) a few days before. Before the phone was given to me, it was dried and in working order. Up until the past couple of days, I've been using the phone without any problems.

Now, the phone does a horrible job with picking up my carrier's signal. When I'm indoors, I would get no reception at all ("No Service") when I would get reception using any other handset. When I'm outdoors, I would get either "No Service" or 1 bar of reception. Once in a blue moon, I will get full reception, but that does not last long. I've tried reinserting my SIM and turning the handset on and off, but nothing would fix the reception issue.

The water damage sticker (visible after removing the battery) is red.

Even though it was a gift (it was decided that the phone would be a gift BEFORE accidentally placing the phone in the washer), I'd still like to continue using my BlackBerry. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Offline   Reply With Quote