View Single Post
Old 08-11-2011, 09:43 AM   #25
NoBox
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT&Verizon
Default Re: Upgrade Makes Me Look For Another Phone

Nope, not missing any of those points. But, in your efforts to defend BB you are missing or ignoring my point.

I am the customer of both ATT and RIM. Not just one or the other. This is emphasized when I have a need for tech support and often I end up at RIM for resolution. It is also emphasized when in the screen displays, agreements, etc on the device itself. BB is very quick to point out and make the customer acknowledge that they are going to a non-BB site.

In your desire to absolve RIM/BB of all sin you are missing the fundamental point that both the carrier and BB interface directly with the customer. RIM is not some faceless hardware manufacturer at the mercy of the carrier. It is an integral part of what and how the customer does and experiences.

At the most basic level the biggest thing BB had going for it was its' security followed by its' email and internet capability. Security is no more. In short it is no longer a distinctive product. As stated originally my complaint is that BB changed the security protocols without telling me so I could make alternative arrangements. So, the privacy of my contacts was violated without my consent and with only scant notice that it was being done.

Thus, I have to reevaluate what phone I use and my protocols where had that not been done I'd have gone on automatically using RIM products. A bit more effort for me a potential loss of customers because many of the folks on my list were BB users.
Offline   Reply With Quote