Old 08-10-2011, 06:28 AM   #1
jasoneco

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: O2
Default Removing "desktop" (bes) From Contacts And Calendar

Please Login to Remove!

Hi,

I recently left a firm where they used BES. I already had my own consumer blackberry 9800, which the firm then installed BES onto.

Prior to me joining the firm, I had about 4300 contacts under a contact list of name "myemail at mydomain dot com" (I just concealed my email address, but basically it is a googlemail address.) After synchronising with BES, I had a brand new contact list added onto the blackberry. This one is called "DESKTOP". Same deal with Calendar, there is a calendar called "DESKTOP" as well. During the time I worked at the firm, I added another 300 contacts within the "DESKTOP" list.

Problem is now when I try to synchronise my blackberry with my macbook, it only synchronises the "DESKTOP" part of my blackberry, not my other contact list. i.e. only the 300 or so names. As a result of this all, I also can't update my OS, because apparently my blackberry is no longer on the consumer path of operating systems it's on the BES path now.

I've been in into O2 who tried to remove it, and have since spoken to another O2 guru, but they said that once BES is on the blackberry, you can't get it off, even if you do a handheld wipe. They said only the IT guys of the firm I was working at would be able to remove BES (and presumably the associated servicebooks?).

Can anyone help? anyone know how I can totally remove "DESKTOP" from my blackberry (not just delete the contacts within it, but actually remove the whole thing of the blackberry)

Many Thanks,

Jason

Last edited by jasoneco; 08-10-2011 at 06:30 AM..
Offline   Reply With Quote