View Single Post
Old 02-11-2006, 01:49 PM   #1
PWarner

Model: 7290
Default Wireless Calendar Sync Problems

Please Login to Remove!

Hi all,

I am a new Blackberry user, using a Blackberry 7290 from the UK linked to my work's BES server.

I am having issues with wireless calendar sync. Wireless Email, Task and Memo sync is working ok.

With wireless calendar sync I have the following problems:

- Sync only works one way. i.e. if I enter a new appointment in Outlook, it appears in the Blackberry no problem. However if I enter a new appointment on the Blackberry it does not go to Outlook.

- When I receive an invitation from someone to attend a meeting, I don't see the invite in my mail list - the appointment just appears on my calendar, but I don't recieve anything at all on the message list, and I don't see any options to accept or decline the meeting.

I have checked all the obvious, like checking the settings in Blackberry Intellisync on my desktop, and making sure my Outlook is not set to auto process meeting invitations - I do get invitations in my email list in Outlook.

We have also already tried resetting the Blackberry to factory settings and starting from scratch.

I have spoken to others in my organization who don't have these issues and they have confirmed that I should be able to do all the things above. However our internal Blackberry support don't seem to know how to solve this.

I'm hoping someone will have some hints?

thanks
Patrick.