DallasFlier
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800
PIN: OT NOIR
Carrier: AT&T/Cingular/AT&T
Default Re: I made the switch- Torch to Captivate: REAL Pros and Cons

Quote:
Originally Posted by jDMJeRk View Post
I've been holding my breath (or my fingers for that matter) on this reply as I'm sure some of you will be shocked and others will be on the "I told you so bandwagon" but it appears that I'm sick of the Captivate (after switching from the Torch)

I miss a real keyboard. About 3 weeks ago I was at work and my boss had asked me to do something on her BB for her and I grabbed it and missed the way that it felt in my hands. Given her's is a Curve it still felt right in my hand(s).

For the record when I mentioned "real pros/cons" in my original post, I see why someone got upset. I didn't have real pro or cons at all come to think of it. I later realized that through this experience the average user wouldn't get back on the forum and post an update so I thought I would do so.
No "I told you so" here. Instead, a thanks for coming back and honestly relating your changed perception after a few weeks of REAL usage of the Captivate. Yep, the specifications of the Captivate are ahead of the Bold/Torch in many ways. But real-world usage has brought you back to the reason so many of us still swear by our BlackBerrys. As a phone, as a mobile email device, and as a text messenger, in the real world it really is more functional than Android/iPhone. Now as far as a consumer "entertainment device" goes, it loses. Boils down to what you need and want.

Again, thanks for coming back and admitting your change of heart! This continues to be one of the best threads I've seen here for comparisons without flames and nonsense arguments.
Offline   Reply With Quote