View Single Post
Old 02-09-2011, 08:26 AM   #1
EdAveyard

Model: 8520
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Virgin
Default Setting up voicemail

Please Login to Remove!

I've had my Blackberry 8520 for three months now, and I cannot work out how to set up voicemail for the life of me. When I google it, it keeps coming up with dialing 222. When I do this, it just says, "You have no new messages." It then txts me to give me a voicemail number, which is just my phone number with a 1 at the front.

I went into the Virgin Media shop today to ask them. They told me that my voicemail-box is set up, but I need to divert calls to it when I'm busy. I fiddled around trying to find this, but had to get back to work so I left and thought that I'd work it out. I've still not worked it out. It doesn't let you type in 222 for forwarding. If I type in the voicemail number that I get in a text for 222, the Blackberry allows it but ringing my mobile still doesn't produce a voicemail when I don't answer. Can anybody help please?

Why is there so little information about this online? Is this something that the mobile providers are supposed to set up for you? Virgin Mobile is cheap but has very shoddy service, and I wonder if it's their fault that my voicemail is not working.
Offline   Reply With Quote