View Single Post
Old 02-05-2011, 08:01 PM   #7
stephanieg
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9780
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Bell
Default Re: 9780 unable to send pics (no send option)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagga View Post
I have a hunch.

Its not the IT Policy.

1> Encryption. Either the device is encrypted (locally which makes more sense if yours is on the BES, or from BES since user is in another group/server which in this case would not affect you).

OR the MicroSD is encrypted. Any picture saved on encrypted device or microsd that is encrypted changes the file extension which ONLY that specific device can read. I recall having this as well with my personal BB & work BB while testing encryption.

If I'm right I'd be VERY surprised RIM support couldn't even guess at this as a thought and maybe its time I consider training for BES certification? Baah most likely I'm VERY wrong.

Have your client use the internal browser to locate the picture that cannot be sent and lookup the properties.

Is there anyway to remove the encryption on a photo. I took some photos while my phone was encrypted and couldn't send them. When I found out that was the problem I removed the encryption but I still can not send those pictures that were taken during the encryption time. I can however send new pictures that were taken. Any ideas how to fix that?
Offline   Reply With Quote