View Single Post
Old 01-30-2011, 08:55 PM   #8
walter_denver
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9650
PIN: 322A1538
Carrier: Verizon Wireless USA
Default Re: OS6 on Verizon 9650 PROBLEMS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glamness View Post
You and I are having the same issue. My phone worked fine until I updated to os6 and I also have enough memory so that isn't the issue. You might need to downgrade. I also called verizon and they have no clue.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Ya... I spent almost 90 min trying to explain the issue by phone to VZW. All the guy kept doing was read some screen prompt about how to restore custom words library back to device using the desktop software! HELLO! Dumb$**T! When did I ever mention that I had that issue?! I mean seriously?! I ried to explain it over and over and he just had no clue! Why would VZW send customers an email to inform them of the upgrade and prompt them to do it without training their staff how to support it 1st? So, I figured I would go into the VZW store and go to the tech counter, HA! That was a waste of time. The "tech" had to look up OS6 on Google just to see what it was! He had no idea that VZW was even allowing OS6 on its devices.
They tried to tell me that there was a global BB outage and that is why my device would not allow communication over a wireless router. He completely ignored the fact that I had just told him that as long as I turn of the Wi-Fi on the device, I can get online just fine. I only get an error when I enable Wi-Fi. The final 'solution' per VZW is to revert back down to OS5 (eventhough they will no longer supprt it now that OS6 is released) and spend another day reconfig all of my options AGAIN! or get a refurb replacement for the BRAND NEW DEVICE I have that is not even over 6 months old yet.

walter_denver
Denver, CO, USA
Verizon 9650
Offline   Reply With Quote