jDMJeRk
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Re: Latest OS: 9800 OS 6.0.0.337

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejanh View Post
No smartphone is perfect. For instance, while Google regularly releases updates to Android, most carriers choose not to adopt them. Hence a lot of Androids are severely out of date.

Updates are needed for all these devices. People underestimate the fact that what they are now running on their smartphones is more powerful and more complicated than desktop computers were some 8-10 years ago.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
I understand that but were all posting on a forum that would be on the more advance side of things. Comparing me and you to Android users that don't even plan on updating the phone or installing different ROMs, isn't an apples to apples comparison.

I know no smartphone is perfect. I know even the nonsmart phones aren't perfect haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejanh View Post
Well, I'm moving to a Hybrid OS due to lack of updates. I have heard that there are significant improvements to battery life with some of the new packages that come with the Hybird OS, hopefully other fixes. For anyone curious see Hybrid OS info here.
This is something I'd like to check out as well. Thanks for the link!

By the way, and totally off topic, but your forum is having issues...no login box and when login is done screen just goes back to a blank login form!? Just an FYI
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry View Post
.424 is out and about. Working fine.
how about do we go finding this update? I usually just look for the thread at the top of the forum page
Offline   Reply With Quote