oldrelicdvds
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Z30
PIN: 3353CF0C
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Default Re: To update OS or not on 9650; OS6 or 5.0.0.983

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMRose View Post
I would like some advice. I have a Verizon 9650 I have updated to 5.0.0.810 and it is working fine, with the occasional signal bounce but nothing that has caused me any major problems. Normally I am always on the bleeding edge but to be honest the pain of installing all the third party apps again (TeleNav, WorldMate Gold, etc) is getting to be a pain and a time sink.

So, my question really is- is the juice worth the squeeze for doing an OS update (.983 for OS5) or upgrade to OS6?

My only real complaint with .810 (and maybe all of OS5) is the browser- it is HORRIBLE. I only use it for work but even so, going to some pages and having to use the zoom to even read it is a real pain, and the pages don't really display correctly.

I know this is a personal opinion with people, but I am interested in opinions of those who have done the update (what does .983 offer that .810 doesn't) or upgrade to OS6.

Thanks for any and all opinions.
steve
The newest I've found from Verizon Wireless is 5.0.0.975, not familiar with .810 nor .983. Guess I'll do a little searching.