colonel
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: w950i
Carrier: vodafone
Default Re: Switching from Torch back to 8900

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry View Post
I switched back from the 9800 (AT&T) to the 9700 (T-Mobile). Perhaps as much for the network (I had more dropped calls on AT&T in a day than on T-Mobile in a week) and at least I can rely on UMA for areas of poor coverage.

The 9800 still needs to grow up a bit. How come I can't switch off the views I don't want? How come tapping the time ALWAYS brings up Manage Connections (which leads to connections being shut down) and I can't change that.

It needs some work. Just my .02

And I like paradigm shifts. And other trendy phrases also.
Paradigm shift is not trendy anymore, just established business language

UMA does work on the BB Torch, see here for how to enable it:
http://www.blackberryforums.com/wifi...e-handset.html

The 9700 is a great device, but I got used quickly to the bigger screen and touch shortcuts on the 9800. Touch screens do add a level of care. sometimes you if you throw a touch screen phone in your pocket unexpected options have a higher chance of getting picked if you forget to lock first.

All in all I am spoilt and can't go back. Might buy a 9300 as well to take on beach holidays as I wouldn't want to damage the 9800 (a bit more like Jewellery )

Finally, the great thing about the Torch is that IMHO BB have got the hardware for the Torch right.
You could argue for higher resolution screen or faster CPU but ultimately they are incremental rather then fundamental.
It does seem that RIM has learnt from the storms and worked out how to keep the reliable BB experience whilst adding another layer, which I think does not get in the way of the BB experience, perhaps just for a few niggles.
Now that the hardware is right, RIM can really continue to fix and enhance through firmware updates alone.

Last edited by colonel; 11-16-2010 at 04:47 AM..
Offline   Reply With Quote