Old 11-03-2010, 04:20 PM   #35
pshift
CrackBerry Addict

Model: ...
PIN: N/A. Went To Android!
Carrier: Busy Signal :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredwrx View Post
I intalled last night. My issue is that received SMS, while they alert, and show the icon on the screen, if I enter the separate SMS and MMS folder, the SMS is not visible. There is nothing about the new message. I changed the options so that SMS now show in the mail message folder, and the SMS is there, but not in the separate SMS and MMS folder. Further, only a small portion of my SMS are visible in the SMS and MMS folder. I tried to restore the MMS from the backup that I made just before upgrading. It took 3 or 4 attempts till it finally succeeded, but again, only a small portion of my messages are actually in the folder. And the last thing, my SMS were, I believe they call it "threaded" so that I can see the entire conversation back and forth in a signle SMS. For the ones that are there, that is not the case, each SMS is seperate. Perhaps that is just a setting, and once I get them back to threaded, I will be able to restore all the SMSs.

This is a deal breaker for me, so if I can't have the SMS's and threaded back, I am going back to my previous software.
I am having problems getting CrunchSMS to work. It does not do automatic lookups from the addressbook any longer. I also get a lot of Java-exception errors everytime I use CrunchSMS. I've been using the latest version for a while and this release appears to have broken the native SMS functionality. Hopefully, the latest beta .1656/.1015 will solve this issue and restore the threaded SMS functionality.
Offline   Reply With Quote