View Single Post
Old 10-08-2010, 07:35 AM   #12
TXLady
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9650
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrooomz View Post
I haven't filed a claim in Ebay, i am still trying contacting the seller to work it out, i will just give him sometime to respond.
May i know, on what base Paypal clear the payment ? Feedback ? Time ? or what ?
If is is from feedback, what if a buyer don not leave feedback, do the seller get paid by paypal ?
Don't the seller get the money instantly when we pay ?

Btw : thanks a lot for your sharing above.
If your seller has not yet responded, file the case with ebay. I think they release the money either once feedback is posted or within a certain time frame so don't wait. (I believe it's an either/or case since some people don't get around to leaving feedback in a timely manner.) If you really want to give your seller the benefit of the doubt, send one last email (through the ebay system only so it is documented) stating your case and stating that if you do not hear from him by a certain time, you will be filing a case with ebay. Hopefully all attempts to contact him to date have also been through the ebay system as that is part of your documentation. I always keep a PDF of the auction as posted stating the claimed condition -- ebay will have this as well but I like to have my own documentation.

And while I understand you wanting to work this out with the seller, flat out, you were lied to / frauded. You were sold a BB that the seller claimed was "LIKE NEW CONDITION" "BARELY USED" and it clearly wasn't. That was not an oversight or misunderstanding. It was a fraudulent statement. You have photots to back it up.

You need to act NOW and file the claim with ebay. They will contact the seller and give him I think 48 hrs to respond. If he rebuts, they will contact you giving you 48 hrs to respond (but I bet you respond immediately when they contact you since you want it resolved and your money returned as quickly as possible).

P.S. If you want to read the saga I went through with my BB, you can read the whole string here: Scammed on ebay (just venting))