View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010, 12:49 PM   #23
jimfraser
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Q10
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean76 View Post
I guess its because at&t tests them before going out to the people, which it looks like has been forgotten by RIM, quality control by RIM has been terrible, something they are lacking up there in Canada!
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Where is your 9800 made? My 9000 is made in Canada and is a solid build, better, I was told than the 9000's sold by AT&T which I thought were made in Mexico. I thought some of the European 9000s were made in Bulgaria or some other eastern European country. I am surprised that any manufacturing plant in North America could compete with Mexico, eastern Europe or S/E Asia.
We don't get the 9800 here in Canada until Sept 24 when Rogers, Bell and Telus all lanch (the later two carriers overlaid their entire CDMA network with HSPA+ last year. Verison, when will you get on-board?) and we will get to see where they are built.
RIM and our Canadian carriers reward us for choosing a Canadian developed product by charging us $199 on a three year contract and no contract price at least $50 to more than AT&T.
Offline   Reply With Quote