Old 08-31-2010, 02:56 PM   #43
JEEPers
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
PIN: 22C60153
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtarga View Post
Thanks to JEEpers and other people who have provided suggestions on this thread. I have successfully installed the Simplified and Traditional Chinese fonts, and Japanese fonts, plus Stroke Chinese and Wubihua input to Torch.

Since I am not so technically familiar with Blackberry, I will make a layman's account of what I did: (all of the procedures have been described by JEEpers and others)

- installed AT&T OS v. 6.0.0.141 again (since I could not find the relvant folder mentioned by JEEpers),
- followed the instructions to copy the relevant .alx and .cod files to the respective folders
- launch the loader.exe to install the OS
- chose the fonts and inputs that I needed

Everything seems to work!

I chose to stick to the .141 version rather than .135 version because .141 is officially supported and came with the Torch. If above proceure did not work, I had planned to just install the .135

Remaining issue will be to find suitable Pinyin input for both Simplified and Traditional Chinese......

Glad that the 10 plus hours that I spent searching for solution have paid off, thanks to many of you, especially JEEpers.

Good luck to those waiting to try.....

John
Hi John,

I resolved the pinyin input already I believe according some of the other ppl who received the revised files. Pinyin and BoPoMoFo works now ... did I not email you the updated files? Someone mentioned they were in the .135 OS file. Send me another PM and I will forward it to you. Just add the additional files I included and overwrite when prompted.

I have had a few ppl ask me for the revised cod and alx files that I forgot who I did and did not send. Or you can just add my PIN to your BBM and get me there.
Offline   Reply With Quote