View Single Post
Old 08-13-2010, 11:06 AM   #6
BBWrangler

Model: 9000
Carrier: Cingular

I tested it with a few models, and it does work for models 9800, 9700, 9550, and 9000 that show their onboard storage (not the MicroSD card) as a mass storage device - ie it shows up as a drive letter in windows. With the models I mentioned (probably some others), the DM shows the files with their respective drive letters in the list view. The trick is knowing which drive letter is the card and which is the onboard.

The 8830, 8100 and 7290 I had on hand last night don't do this, so it's a limitation of both the device and the new desktop manager.

Honestly, I wouldn't be switching to DM 6.0 yet unless you had to for device support, or at least until you move your media to a card, or RIM issues an update or workaround to address the onboard storage issue.

If I get a chance to try it with an 8900 I will, but I have to call RIM about adjusting the installer for 6.0 so we can exclude all the media manager functions, auto updates and a couple other things, since all that's restricted in our workplace. It seems they changed all the parameters from 5.01 and lower so they don't work anymore.
In the meantime, I'm also going to package 5.01 since it works with the 9800, so we can allow a couple high profile users to have one and be able to synch.

Fun Fact - DM 4.7 blows up really well when you try to use it with a 9800. :p
Offline   Reply With Quote