View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010, 05:10 PM   #116
jimfraser
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Q10
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildlemon747 View Post
I advise DO NOT DOWNLOAD!!! Have used this os on separate devices and it messes with and deletes contacts, changes calendar and eventually kills the phone putting it in an endless reset cycle. My just be my bb's though.
This is about my 4th OS5. I have had the occasional white screen (once everly couple of days) which is fixed by a battery pull. I suspect that it may be a conflict with a 3rd party program that is not fully compatable, but cannot tell which one. Or it may be my new battery which looks official, but cost half the price as regular dealers charge and looks like the information is printed on the battery instead of being embossed on like the battery that came with the Bold. Also it fits just a little bit more snugly than the one which came with my Bold.
While the white screen never happened with any OS4.6's, and did not happen with any OS 5 with my original battery, it is not so serious that I would down grade. After next white screen I will put in the original battery to see if it is an OS issue or a hardware issue.
Otherwise this OS is working fine.
Offline   Reply With Quote