View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 12:35 PM   #16
madmachinist
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

What you are asking for in your particular case is help stealing. determining if stealing is wrong in this particular case is up to you. Do not expect everyone to share your same moral compass. If other people dont want to help you steal for whatever reason, its ok. There is nothing wrong with having differing opinions/morality.

If your previous carrier was T-Mobile, that may explain why you are expecting to get tethering(using your phone a a modem)for free. Historically they have been the only carrier that I know of that officially endorsed tethering with a blackberry data plan without paying and additional fee.

As for the other big 3, At&t, Verizon and Sprint all have policies that require you to pay an extra fee for tethering. I am not saying that it is not technically possible to steal service, just that to tether legitimately, Carriers charge a fee.

NOTE: I believe T-Mobiles policy may be related to that fact that for many years they only offered 2G(EDGE) data, so the potential for people to abuse the tethering friendly policy was minimal. Now that they are rolling out their 3G network, that policy may change/may have already changed.

Last edited by madmachinist; 04-28-2010 at 01:06 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote