Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by trax95008 View Post
hes NOT upgrading. please dont confuse him. just follow my instructions
Actually...I did upgrade tonight. I could never locate the files in
c:\program files\common files\research in motion\shared\<os>\java. The only OS that was there was my OS from my 8310, which I deleted.

Long story short, I hooked up and started DM and it asked me if I wanted to update, so I said why the heck not. Current OS is 5.0.0.405.

No problems with the OS update and everything was restored sucessfully and is operating ok.

HOWEVER, I'm still plagued with this pesky problem of not getting notification of new voicemails AND Visual Voicemail is still on the phone.

After I upgraded the OS using DM, I checked in program files\common files\research in motion\shared\loader files and my current OS is not located there, actually nothing is.

Looking through other folders, I found some VVM files under C:\Documents and Settings\User1\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader Cache\5f67c85b769609056f6138de89eab687161bc823\Jav a

I tried cutting the VVM files out of this folder and moving to another folder temporarily. Opened up DM again, ran app loader, and it has Visual Voicemail greyed out and it was checked. So I unchecked it, finished running app loader, and its still there.

What did I do wrong?
Offline   Reply With Quote