View Single Post
Old 03-08-2010, 11:19 AM   #1
chhall

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T
Default 9700 Hangs during Boot

Please Login to Remove!

Hey everyone, I've been stalking the forums for years and could usually find what I needed that way. I know I've seen the solution to this in the past, but can't seem to find it right now. My Bold 9700 decided in the middle of the night some time last night to reboot. It never fully booted back up. The progress bar gets just about to the 'e' in BlackBerry and then stops. I've pulled my SIM and my microSD card, tried different batteries, nothing seems to work. It always boots to that point and just sits there. I'm running the latest supported OS from AT&T (5.0.0.405).

Now, I seem to remember from some threads in the past (mostly dealing with recovering after botched OS upgrades) that there is a way to get the attention of this thing via my PC and wipe it and attempt reloading the OS, but can't seem to find anything via searching. I downloaded the BB Swiss Army Knife app, but it won't even start up. Anyone know what I can do at this point, short of calling AT&T for a warranty replacement? I can do that if necssary, but would like to fix it myself if possible.
Offline   Reply With Quote