View Single Post
Old 03-05-2010, 01:42 AM   #1
Noodle22
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8520
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Default Updating OS issues with Vista (or maybe it's just me?)

Please Login to Remove!

I have been attempting this for awhile now, every fix I have found I have tried, and it seems to like I might get somewhere and I never do. My first issue was the computer was not detecting my BlackBerry which I have resolved with a couple suggestions from old threads.

I've uninstalled DTM and reinstalled it with the settings suggested by John Clark, I've downloaded the OS a couple times, each time deleting the vendor.xml file and clicking apploader. I have tried this with a couple of OS's for the 8520 and each time it acts like it is updating...and then it says it is done with no change.

I've followed the instructions on how to update my OS, and have checked for variations on other sites.

I've figured out something, I feel like a complete idiot. But to be honest, I don't know where to go from here and I need to suck it up and ask for help. So I'm going to be descriptive in what I do, and maybe someone can tell me where I am going wrong.

I install the OS from the link provided.

I have followed the path c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader. This is where I delete the vendor.xml file and try apploader. I noticed today that apploader has a last modified date of Nov 19th, 2009, when I got my BlackBerry.

Am I installing the OS I want elsewhere? And if so, where can I find it?

This is what I'm figuring at this point, And it's close to 11 am and I'm going a little nuts from reading. I need to go lie down and if I can't sleep I may be back to respond to suggestions, or maybe in the morning, I have the day off tomorrow and I want to get this done.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!
blue.
Offline   Reply With Quote