View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 10:08 AM   #13
jsconyers

Model: NOTE2
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by doverbey View Post
Mine is too!! I have a relatively new BB (December 2010).
You have a BlackBerry from the future, nice!

Quote:
I have very few new apps on there, nothing installed within the last week, and suddenly on Sunday, 4 days ago, it started to reboot randomly.
My guess is that this is the cause of your issue. Remove all of the apps and install one, try it a few days and see how it works. If it doesn't reboot, install another, and so on until you find the culprit.

Quote:
I will try all the things suggested in response to the posting above but I'm wondering, given the number of similar recent postings, if it's possible that there is some kind of virus problem circulating?
No, it is just a coincidence. There is no known virus for the BB. For the few posts that you see about this issue, there are literally thousands of users running fine that aren't posting how happy they are with the device. You will only see problems on support forums. Hardly ever will you see success stories.

Quote:
I am also wondering about this: my BB now has two apps on it that I don't remember being pre-installed (but maybe they were; that initial learning period is fuzzy) and I know that I didn't (deliberately) install them - Bing and Slacker Radio.
Those are not apps, but service books pushed by your carrier. If you click on them, they will bring you to the site to download the app. You can delete them, but they'll be push again by your carrier. It's best to just hide them.
Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
[BES 5.0.3 / GroupWise 2012 HP2]
Offline   Reply With Quote