View Single Post
Old 01-09-2010, 08:46 PM   #5
bassmish

Model: 8520
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ?

hello, thanks for the replies, sorry I've had computer problems and haven't been able to get back to them.

unfortunately still haven't worked out my problem but to clarify the situation:

I'm trying to receive the e-mails from my outlook express account to my blackberry 8520.

It works fine for my two existing hotmail accounts but not for outlook express.

For the first couple of days of setting my e-mails up when I got the phone the outlook express folder (the icon as you called it aiharkness) on my bb received e-mails but I never managed to send any. After about 2 days it stopped both receiving and sending them for this account but the icon remains. a bit annoying.

hope that makes things clearer, seems I was a bit ambiguous with my original post.

The only thing I can think that might be wrong is that I may have entered the incorrect url for the e-mail when setting the account up. but since it worked for the first day or two I guess this is not the case. I have asked around at uni for people who've successfully done this and although I haven't found anyone who can tell me how to do it I have heard that there is a specific process to go through which is rather long winded due to the general useless-ness of outlook express. google search doesn't bring up any answers.

if you have any ideas that would be brilliant.

P.S. @ Dubdub: nice name!

oh one more question: anyone know if there's an application for fruity loops on bb? The chap at the phone shop told me there was but I can't find anything, rather disappointing. thinking about going and asking for some money back! I was so excited about being able to make tunes on the train!..

cheers
Offline   Reply With Quote