View Single Post
Old 11-27-2009, 06:26 PM   #22
HaTaX
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile

I had the same exact issue when I started playing with tethering on my 9700 with Windows 7 over bluetooth. What I had to do was go into the modem's port settings and dial down the FIFO buffer or turn it off completely.

I know that sounds far fetched and like it shouldn't affect it, when I turned off the FIFO buffers it went right past the registering your computer on the network and hooked up just fine. After that I was able to turn the buffers back on, but I set them at like 8 & 10 instead of 14 & 14 (Tx & Rx buffers respectively)

Also of note, benchmarking or testing tethering over bluetooth is not a good way to test max speed, you should use a USB cable to see where it maxes out. Bluetooth is not known for being the most speedy standard out there, and I'd expect a full speed 3G connection at 3.6MB/s (Max the 9700's hardware is capable of) would completely saturate a bluetooth tethered connection.

I'll be trying out the USB cable with desktop manager just to see where I come out and I'll post the results after I've completed that.

Otherwise as NJBlackBerry said, it's best to revise your testing strategies and try different methods to make sure that there aren't other influences affecting your results. (IE, 3G testing in a poor coverage area)
Offline   Reply With Quote