View Single Post
Old 11-26-2009, 03:45 PM   #8
YMS_1975

Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Telus Mobility
Smile ...

UPDATE :

So I just got off the line with Telus Mobility's technical support department.
According to what he told me, the Telus BlackBerry Tour 9630 is a "world phone" and while you're traveling abroad, the International Roaming SIM Card can be used, however, once you're in Canada it will function in CDMA mode only.

While it is an HSPA device (2100 Mhz), it will only operate in HSPA mode while in Europe. Apparently the 2100 Mhz frequency is what they use in Europe. All other countries/regions abroad (outside Canada), provided you have the Telus International Roaming SIM Card, it will work under GSM mode.

So let's say I travel to Jamaica, India, Pakistan, or wherever (as long as I'm not in Europe) and I have the Telus International Roaming SIM card....the phone will prompt me to select either GSM or HSPA. I should select GSM. If I travel anywhere within Europe, I should select HSPA.

And as long as I'm in Canada....I'm good to go on CDMA.

You know, I must have spoken to at least 7 different people, and they all gave me conflicting answers. But for some reason, what the technical support rep told me seemed to make sense. Anyhoo....I'm beat. All this run-around sure makes a guy tired.

I'm off for a nap.

Peace.

Last edited by YMS_1975; 11-26-2009 at 03:47 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote