View Single Post
Old 11-17-2009, 12:48 AM   #14
hyedipin
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile 2001-2007, AT&T 8/26/07 ->

There was a BIS outage, it is not just T-Mobile.
I tried to phone today at the store, honestly it felt a bit cheap. The trackpad seemed to have some kind of play to it, and the buttons to the left and right of it (BB Menu and Back buttons) also had some play to them, not as tight as they are with 8900, probably because on 9700 they rely on a single rocker and there is a bigger gap. Same with the trackpad, it seemed to move about a bit. The phone is also pretty light, which is good for some people. It just feels like 8900 with 3G. That's about all. And it is probably why it's priced very similar to 8900.

It is a shame that with 9700 release there can still be people preferring 9000 over it because of its sturdier, heavier and classier appearance, just like a BOLD supposed to be. I just don't see the boldness on 9700. What I mean is, RIM should have made it much better and should have given anyone a chance to still consider getting 9000 after seeing 9700.

I have been thinking about moving to T-Mobile and join my wife, but I am re-thinking that now. With unlimited plan up to $60+$30 for BB, I would prefer staying with AT&T since I don't even use my 450 minutes each month, and I also get to keep my rollover minutes.