Old 11-10-2009, 03:34 PM   #60
wabbit
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Droid
PIN: PONG???
Carrier: verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApacheIndian View Post
This statement is very similar to ones made time and time again as technological innovations have been introduced over the past couple hundred years...

- No one is going to buy and sell from strangers on the internet!

- If you go over 25 mph it may very well explode! I'll stick with my horse drawn carriage thank you very much.

- Buying books on the internet??? That's ridiculous! I'll go to my corner bookstore.

- A computer on every desk and in every home? ha! That's ridiculous, only big companies have any use for computers.

- It is not safe giving out your credit card information on the internet.

- There is no point in my getting email real-time to my cell phone. I want to leave work at the workplace.

- Machines where people can do their banking??? That's stupid -- we NEED real, live bank tellers.

The list goes on and on. Technology always -- as in always -- gets 1) Faster, 2) Cheaper, and 3) Safer/more secure. Cloud computing is well into #3... you can join now or you can join later, but join you will...

Returning to the main point, either BB needs to join that revolution, fix the numerous aforementioned BB idiosyncrasies, and get in bed with Google -- something I'll bet my bottom dollar was discussed with big wigs behind closed doors at some point somewhere -- and make things easier for the consumer, or they can fall behind and become obsolete. As much as a loyal BB user I've been over the years, sadly I see them heading down the latter path.
this is a joke right?