View Single Post
Old 12-30-2005, 12:09 AM   #45
barjohn
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8700
Carrier: AT&T

On your regular cell phone does it actually differentiate the way the BlackBerry does and show lower case gprs and then switch to upper case GPRS on a good data connection? The reason I ask is that most cell phones do not perform a GPRS data connection until you perform a data function like web browsing or email activity. They usually only show GSM. Take the various MS smartphones or Wondows Mobile phones and they do not start out connected to the GPRS data. You initiate a GPRS connection and you can drop the connection. The phone may be misleading you and there may be a problem in the tower near your home. You should check with T-Mobile CS and find out. If you are getting GPRS or EDGE everywhere else it is highly unlikely that it is the phone and far more probable that the problem is with your local cell tower.

If you become convinced the issue is in the phone, please post it. I am watching this thread and if it appears that there is a real issue with the 8700 I will bring it up to RIM management.

For more information see barJohn Reviews It
Active PIN 203A5535