Old 11-01-2009, 12:01 AM   #23
shoppergirl
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Prev Alltel...now Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFan View Post
I agree. The trackball has been an issue (from what everyone has posted lately) but the trackpad is the future of RIM. The trackpad hasn't had any issues (from the posts I haven't seen and Verizon tech input). Yes, there will be problems with WiFi initially with the new devices (such as the Storm 2) but will be fixed, easily with a OTA update. Overall, the Tour is a good device and RIM has fixed the issues with it. The Tour 2 will have the updated fixes along with the newer options (WiFi, trackpad, 5.0).

Overall, if you are on your 4th Tour than you are abusing your phone or something. My wife and several friends of mine bought their Tour's the first day and not one of them have returned theirs. Sounds like to me that you need to switch to a different phone that you can throw around.

No, I do not abuse my phone. I am quite particular with my phone and do not, as you say "throw it around". I use screen protectors and silicone covers to protect it from minor scratches from everyday use. I am on my 4th Tour because I have had trackball issues as well as problems with the phones periodically rebooting themselves and repeated lengthy screen freezes.

I do not understand how you address the fact that the Tour has had proven trackball issues and conclude because I have had to have 3 replacements that I am abusing my phone. And yes there are others who got a good one the 1st time and have had no replacements but others on the forums are like myself and have had several replacements.

Last edited by shoppergirl; 11-01-2009 at 12:05 AM..
Offline   Reply With Quote