View Single Post
Old 12-23-2005, 10:19 AM   #68
barjohn
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8700
Carrier: AT&T

My work email system is down (darn Navy NMCI System) so I haven't been able to determine if RIM has responded back. I may give them a call a little later today. I know that this issue is being taken vary seriously at the highest levels of both RIM and Cingular.

Here is a response from a Cingular executive (Edited to protect confidentialities):

We are working with RIM on many aspects of the dust issue raised, and feel it is an important item which is why we have jointly assigned resources to pursue at a detailed level. Some product enhancements are in progress and the issue continues to be explored with specific examples to ensure that all facets of the issue are explored and addressed. I can assure that it is an key topic on our joint weekly RIM and Cingular technical calls as are any significant technical issues that are raised by customers, care, and internal teams.

I would go ahead and exchange the unit if it bothers you as it may take several weeks or even a few months to come up with the permanent fix.

For more information see barJohn Reviews It
Active PIN 203A5535