Old 09-21-2009, 09:57 AM   #11
bdsguru
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: att

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntsczar View Post
I recently spoke to ATT about getting an Iphone and sim swapping. They said while the plans cost the same now, I would have to change my plan everytime I swapped sims. I am confused and don't want to get charged more than I am already paying for data.

Please explain how you did this, and do you still get bis and all that.
The reason that you have to change your plan is because the blackberry data plan runs off of RIM's network and not ATT's data network. In order for you to have a successful connection to data services using a blackberry, you need to have a blackberry data plan or it won't connect. Same goes for if you have an Iphone and previously had a blackberry. You need to change the plans. If you sim swap your Iphone to bb, or bb to Iphone, ATT's billing system and provisioning system will detect the difference of the bb data plan and the Iphone data plan and bill you accordingly. To avoid exhubberant data roaming charges without an international data plan on your Iphone, turn your data fetch off, turn wifi on, and turn airplane mode on as well. You can reach ATT's International customer care at 877 707 9208 for more information on how to get data plans etc.