View Single Post
Old 09-10-2009, 04:12 AM   #38
bluejacket
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: Orange UK

I've run the beta on Leopard (I use missing sync on my Snow Leopard computer). All I wanted was Mac Backups, and the ability to reinstall the BlackBerry OS. I had a serious handset problem, so I backed it up on the Mac DM, and did a wipe. The wipe fixed the handset without me needing to reinstall the BlackBerry OS (which was nice). The Mac DM did not offer me the same OS as I already had, as it only offered ones which I suppose had gone through official BlackBerry channels. Not sure if there's a way to extract the OSs from an exe file on a windows computer and get the Mac DM to recognise them.

Anyway, after the handset wipe, I restored the backup. Not everything seemed to be there. I was missing all sms messages, basically, despite the backup saying it had a large number of messages in it.

Also, strangely, my handset problem had been that my SMS inbox was broken (apparently not receiving texts) but when I did a preliminary sync with Missing Sync, there were new text messages synced that I had never read... (i.e. I got to read them on my MacBook Pro despite never having been able to read them on my phone). Hopefully most of my messages were backed up by missing sync, anyway, but there's no way to get those back on the phone.
Offline   Reply With Quote