View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 04:41 PM   #31
Good_Guy
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: None
Carrier: Verizon/Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by BES admin
Well this is a free market, and we are in America. We have the right to disagree. And I think we can both agree on that.

I have to admit that although I have evaluated Goodlink and the Treo, I am much more familiar with Blackberry.

I like the Blackberry and I dislike the Treo. The handheld OS is cumbersome in comparison to a BB.

I think BES is a better tool than Goodlink. There are far more options available on the server side and managing the devices is just plain easy.

I am considered a "decision maker" in my company and will continue to advocate dilligently for the use of BES and against Goodlink. I think anyone who adopts the non BB solution is just plain silly.

Good_guy: I appreciate your insight and maturity in this thread. Although I completely disagree with your point of view, I do respect you for your reasonable demeanor. As much as I would like Goodlink to go the way of the Suzan B Anthony, I am sure you will have a job for a long time to come.
As I have said, I won't convince the users here and nor will the users here convince me. The discourse, however, has been great. BES /BB is a great product, however, I am of the exact opposite opinion as you. From a management standpoint, the mere fact that GoodLink never requires cradling (outside of a ROM update from the carrier) for any reason would, from an IT management perspective, would be an advantage. Yes, BB has some nice features across the board, but I feel GL brings much more to the table. Again, to use your quote, "Well this is a free market, and we are in America. We have the right to disagree."