View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 08:21 AM   #3
ubizmo
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9780
PIN: ultimate
Carrier: T-mobile
Default Anyone having success with T-Mobile?

I was going to start a new thread, but this one is fairly recent, and my problem is the same as the OP's.

I'm running OS .151, and I've turned the network connection on and off many times. I will get EDGE sometimes, especially right after turning network connection back on, but it doesn't last. If I use the browser, it may work for a while, or it may drop to edge pretty quickly; it's hard to predict. Google Maps will pretty quickly cause it to drop back to edge. The Barnes & Noble eReader causes it to drop back to edge. My sense is that any app that involves heavy data use breaks EDGE.

It seems that emails trickle through once in a while. Since I don't sit here staring at the device constantly, it may be that there are short intervals of EDGE in the mix.

This unlocked Storm came with OS .148, which seemed to behave the same way, which is why I tried upgrading to .151.

I've tried switching to "Manual" in "Network options", just to see if that would make a difference. It didn't. I guess I'm wondering whether other T-Mobile people are having better luck, and if so, how they're managing it, what OS they're using, or any other potentially useful details.

Ubizmo
Offline   Reply With Quote